“I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death”. Robert Fulghum
This quote, more than many others, encaptures and enraptures what the Adept Living Foundation (ALF) is all about, namely:
- That the way we use our imagination, either to empower or disempower each and everyone of us, is vital to our health and enjoyment of a full life. In ALF, we teach you how to have and use a healthy imagination.
- That stories and they way we tell or narrate them can lead us into or away from the enjoyment of that life. In ALF we demonstrate good story telling and lived experience in action.
- That an optimistic outlook leads to ongoing growth and change. In ALF we use SHAPE – Support, Hope, Accountability, Personal Responsibility & Education to create greater opportunities for successful change.
- That a healthy and delicate dose of humour enables us to look at what ever is disturbing and difficult from a distance that changes how we experience it. In ALF you will always find a listening ear, a cup of tea and a warm smile.
- That when we feel cared for, valued and able to contribute to others, we can meet our challenges with a confident smile. In ALF you will be met as an equal who shares with their friends and community in a meaningful and mutual way.
ALF offers community based peer support working from the principal that our lived experience can inspire and help others.